Last updated: June 13, 2017
- Stability improvements achieved by resolving various crashes reported by Crashlytics.
- Updated the WebRTC library to 58.3.04.14.
- Fixed an issue where the call would not timeout when mobile is being called while app is closed and Nucleus loses connectivity.
- Updated to WebRTC Android build 58.3.04.09 to match Nucleus software.
- Various Crashlytics issues resolved.
- Improved the incoming call notification mechanism by timing out the incoming call alert if it is not answered after 30 seconds.
- Updated audio settings.
- New screen layout while you’re in call
- New, streamlined flow for setup & onboarding of new users
- Improved call notifications:
- Missed call notifications - if an incoming call times out before you answer, a missed call notification will show on the mobile device's notification center.
- Incoming call notifications arrive consistently whether app is in foreground or background, or device is on the lock screen, or screen is off entirely
- New ringtone
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements
- Updated WebRTC library to 53.3.03.23
A quick update with another under-the-hood change.
- Updated WebRTC library to 53.3.03.21
We want to thank you all for bearing with us while our team focused on core stability and now we are SO EXCITED to get you this brand new version of the Nucleus app that includes:
- a complete visual overhaul of the core experience
- streamlined core calling flows
- significant improvements under the hood improve stability, call quality and connection speed
- much more reliable notifications
- an improved permission flow
Thanks for always being so great at sharing your feedback with us. Please give this new app a go and keep the feedback coming!
Full Release Notes
- Redesigned the main screen with a connecting state for each peer with a custom loader
- You can now start a call directly from the main screen instead of having to dig into the detail view
- Connecting status bar implemented to alert user that the app is trying to connect to peers and also to notify that all devices are online if they are
- New connectivity status bar (No Internet Connection/You're now online!)
- Various fixes for problems discovered by Crashlytics
- Video screen can still be tapped to show call controls but will no longer have a click sound
- Tapping mute/unmute repeatedly very quickly will no longer disconnect the call
- Removed the missed call toast message, as there is already a missed call screen that shows
- Incoming calls will now always know that the device calling them cancelled the call
- Declining an incoming call from a push notification is now more reliable
- The "ended the call" toast message shows now instead of the "disconnected" message when a call ends normally.
- Disabled the click sounds on the bottom call controls
- Changed the permissions flow to ensure that the video preview shows after a fresh installation
- The app will now block the user from moving on to the take photo screen during setup without camera/storage permissions being granted
Permissions flow change:
- The app will now always require camera/mic permissions before starting communications.
- Permissions will only be requested when needed. Previously the app was asking for all permissions at once when the user signed in (mic/camera/storage) if the app didnt have it already. Now mic/camera are requested before starting communication, and camera/storage requested for the profile photo
Small user interface tweak: adjusted the bottom margin on the end call button to be the same in every call state
- Added a more reliable way to grab the other device's Room Name to populate toast messages.
- Improved window flag management
- Changed the audio codec to ISAC
While we've got some under the hood stability improvements and minor UI tweaks going on, what we're most excited about with this release is improved video and audio quality! Give it a download and share how great you look in your Halloween costume! 👻
- Stability improvements: we resolved another round of issues causing crashes.
- Video and audio quality improvements: your calls should look even better now.
- The app now automatically capitalizes the first character for First/Last Name input on the Enter Your Name screen.
- Added a keyboard layout in email fields to include the @ and .com keys. (You may not see them if you're using customer keyboards.)
- Updated the WebRTC library to 53.3.03.15.
- Fixed an issue where the app would show the Login / Create Account screen instead of the email verification screen if the app was closed while creating an account.
- Fixed an issue where the mobile device screen would not dim while the Nucleus app and the phone screen saver are both open.
- Added the ability to display the WebRTC version on the Settings main screen. Tap the version number and a toast message will appear at the bottom of the screen with this information.
- Fixed an issue where the app would occasionally get stuck in the photo upload process.
- Fixed an issue where the video feed would show upside down on the Nexus 6P mobile device.
- Have a lower-resolution Android device? We added scrolling to the Add a Mobile Device screen so you can find the Great! button to proceed with setup.
This release contains a bunch of improvements and bug fixes but we wanted to call out a few that we’ve heard about from you all:
- Now you can switch between the earphone, speakerphone and headphone and what you’re trying to listen to will be right there for you 🎧
- For each of the audio sources mentioned above, we’ll remember your default setting 🐘
- We brought back the Cancel button on the connecting screen in case you have second thoughts about that call 🙅
Full release notes:
- New audio manager routes the call audio between the earpiece, loudspeaker, and headphones during audio and video calls.
- Added the ability to set default volumes for audio / video calls, and to save the user setting in between calls based on the output source. So, if you set your headphones volume to 8, every time you plug the headphones the volume will set to this level automatically. The same with speakerphone and earpiece.
- Implemented the email keyboard. When entering an email address the keyboard will show the @ and .com options.
- Returned the Cancel button to the “Connecting” screen.
- Fixed an issue where the app would occasionally crash on the take photo screen.
- Fixed an issue where the user would sign in for the first time and the sign in would not save, showing the login screen at the next launch.
- Fixed an issue where the user would log out of the app but the app would still stay logged in.
- Stability improvements (resolved various crashes reported by Crashlytics).
- Fixed an issue where the app would get stuck on the blue splash screen when it lost Internet connectivity during an incoming call.
- Fixed an issue where the app would sporadically crash on the take photo screen during the user account setup flow.
- Stability improvements (resolved various crashes reported by Crashlytics).
- Added the ability for the app to decide to show either a notification or the full screen call view when a call comes in, preventing interruptions when another app is in the foreground.
- Improved audio handling so notification sounds in app will now be controlled by the correct volume stream.
- Fixed an issue where incoming call sounds would play when a call times out, and ensuring they only play when they are supposed to.
- Fixed an issue where after switching to the rear camera, the app couldn't switch back to the front camera.
- The setup screens now dismiss keyboard when appropriate. In views where keyboards appear, you can also now scroll to see everything without dismissing the keyboard.
- Temporarily removed the missed/cancelled call notification.
- Added push notifications to alert to incoming calls, even when the app is running in the background.
- Removed mobile to mobile calling. You won't see other mobile accounts in the list of available devices now; we may return this functionality in the future after resolving some other issues.
- Removed the additional prompt when ending calls. Calls now end once End Call is tapped.
- Removed the in-app call notification. The Accept/Decline screen now appears automatically.
- Improved the full screen logic while in calls.
- Updates from the Intercoms to the Room Name and Room Photo are now reflected immediately in the mobile app.
- If the app was backgrounded/closed and an incoming call is rejected/cancelled, the app returns to the background.
- Fixed an issue where an admin user logging in for the first time will not see their photo in Settings on the first run of the app.
- Added the ability to edit account information from Settings. You can now change your name, photo, email address, and password right from the app.
- The app can now receive a call while in Settings.
- Made sure the display always bright while in a call (except while on an audio call and putting phone to the ear).